Bankruptcy Lawyers Debunking Common Myths
Is a misconception about debt relief preventing you from filing for bankruptcy?
bankruptcy attorneys of The Colpitts Law Firm know how to file for bankruptcy and
work hard to explore the bankruptcy myths that prevent many hardworking
Americans from seeking the federal protections designed especially for them.
We are eager to debunk the myths that have sprung up around consumer bankruptcy.
Our skilled lawyers can listen carefully to your problems, offer comfort
for your concerns, and take the embarrassment, stigma, and intimidation
out of Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. We are here to guide you through
the legal process in a way that gives you hope for a brighter future.
Contact The Colpitts Law Firm to arrange your free initial consultation. Call us at
When Bankruptcy Is Your Only Option, The Colpitts Law Firm Is Here to Help
There are a lot of misconceptions out there regarding bankruptcy. Many
people are not totally aware of what it is, what it entails, and how it
can help individuals and families.
We want to bust myths such as:
file for bankruptcy if you have a job
- You will never be able to keep a state or federal tax refund
- You will be unable to discharge medical bills, credit card debt, or back
taxes during bankruptcy
- You and your spouse have to file for bankruptcy together
- Everyone — all of your friends and business associates — will
know you have filed for bankruptcy
- You will lose everything you own during bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy means you are a personal failure
- A bankruptcy filing means your credit rating will never be the same again