If you are the victim of any of the above debt collection harassment practices, it is time to get the help of a qualified attorney. The Colpitts Law Firm in Tulsa, OK is ready to represent you today. Our highly skilled creditor harassment attorneys in Tulsa can help you put a stop to the harassment you are suffering.
Stop Creditor Harassment in Tulsa
Put an End to Unwelcome Debt Collector Calls
Approximately 30 million Americans have at least one debt that is in collections. Many of these debt collection cases are handled in a way that abuses or harasses consumers. If you feel that your creditors or a collection agency is harassing you with incessant phone calls or other forms of contact, you can put a stop to it.
The bankruptcy lawyers at The Colpitts Law Firm are highly skilled in helping those who want to be free of creditor harassment. If your creditor is threatening you, our firm can fight back on your behalf.
Consumer Protection from Excessive Collection Attempts & Harassment
The government has set forth laws that protect you as a consumer from potential harassment from your creditors. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act (FDCPA), it is illegal for creditors to use unfair, deceptive, and abusive practices for collecting debts.
Creditor collection practices that violate the law include:
- Using profane or abusive language
- Revealing your information to third parties
- Calling you before 8:00 a.m. and after 9:00 p.m.
- Contacting you if have an attorney representing you
- Calling you repeatedly while abusing, annoying, or harassing you
- Threatening you with an arrest or legal action that is not permitted
- Contacting you after you have filed for bankruptcy
- Publishing your name and address on a bad debt list
- Pretending to be a law enforcement officer or a government agent
- Communicating with you after you have sent them a response
- Contacting you at your place of employment