Greggory T. Colpitts, a bankruptcy lawyer, has been practicing bankruptcy law since 1991 when he was admitted to the Oklahoma bar.
A lifelong Oklahoman, Mr. Colpitts was born in Tulsa on January 6, 1965. He graduated from Tulsa Memorial High School in 1983 and attended Oklahoma State University where he received a B.S. in Mechanical Power Technology. While a student at OSU, Mr. Colpitts was a member of the school's Flying Aggies and a member of the Beta Theta Pi Fraternity.
After graduation in 1987, Mr. Colpitts attended the University of Tulsa College of Law and received his J.D. in 1991. He continued his legal education at Southern Methodist University College of Law and received his LL.M. (Master of Laws in Taxation) in 1993.
Extensive Bankruptcy Experience
Mr. Colpitts has tried cases in state and federal courts and in the U.S. Tax and U.S. Bankruptcy Courts. He has handled and argued appeals before the U.S. District Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, and the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the 10th Circuit.
Unlike many bankruptcy practitioners, Mr. Colpitts has extensive experience in tax law and transactional issues that can benefit you or your business. He has assisted numerous businesses in dealing with and accommodating complex regulations. He understands how to take advantage of the tax laws and how to resolve any other issues that commonly plague even the most efficient operations.
Over the years and through the filing of over one thousand bankruptcies, Mr. Colpitts has developed a thorough knowledge of the intricacies of the bankruptcy laws so that your assets and those of your business can be protected within the dictates of the law.
Mr. Colpitts continually educates himself and stays on top of the latest developments in bankruptcy law. He routinely exceeds, by at least double, the minimum continuing education requirements in bankruptcy law alone. You can be confident that Mr. Colpitts takes very seriously the protection of your rights in bankruptcy and is fully aware of the nuances in bankruptcy law and procedure.
Mr. Colpitts’ mission is to provide you and your family with the advice and knowledge you will need to make some of the most significant financial decisions of your life.
- Beta Theta Pi Building Corporation for the Gamma Lambda Chapter at Oklahoma State University - Treasurer, Board of Directors and past president
- Tulsa Air and Space Museum, Inc., Board of Directors and past treasurer
Areas of Practice
- 15% of practice devoted to litigation
- Oklahoma, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2000
- Supreme Court of Oklahoma, 1994
- U.S. Tax Court, 1994
- University of Tulsa College of Law - Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Southern Methodist University School of Law - Dallas, Texas
- Oklahoma State University
- Major: Mechanical Power Technology
- Tulsa Memorial High School - 1983
Honors & Awards
- Lead Counsel Rated
- State Chair of the National Association of Bankruptcy
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Oklahoma State Bar Association, Member, 1991
- Oklahoma Supreme Court, Member, 1994
- NACBA – National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney's, Member, State Chair
Get in touch with Attorney Colpitts by calling the firm at (918) 302-2662.