How to Write a Will
When creating a will, the most important thing is to make sure that it is valid. In order to write a valid will, you must have the mental capacity to do so and be able to understand the effect it will have. If this is the case, you may proceed in creating the will by following a series of steps.
To create a will, you will have to:
- Value your estate by calculating all assets and debts
- Determine how you want to divide your estate
- Decide if you want to leave any donations to charity
- Choose a reliable executor
- Write your will voluntarily
- Sign your will before two witnesses
- Store your will in a safe location
When you are ready to write your will, it is usually best to get advice from a qualified Tulsa wills attorney. The team at The Colpitts Law Firm has extensive estate planning experience and can help you through every step of the process.
To speak with our attorneys during a free initial consultation, call (918) 302-2662 from wherever you are in Eastern Oklahoma.